The AJ Novick Group has been a recognized leader in the field of anger management since 2003. We have provided on-site trainings in anger and stress management to numerous corporations and agencies over the last 5 years. Often times human resource staff or decision makers at companies do not know when it might be appropriate to bring on an expert to provide an on-site anger management training. Here are a few questions to ask yourself when trying to figure this important question out:
1. Has there been a history of inappropriate behavior by an employee(s)?
2. Has your company ever provided an educational training in anger management for risk prevention?
3. Do you have just one or two employees that need anger management, but you do not want to single them out?
4. Are you worried about a lawsuit or legal action from a victimized employee?
5. Will an on-site anger management training be helpful?
Anger management training provided at your company should be an educational experience for all who attend. These trainings are aimed at teaching skills in a variety of areas with the goal of improving relationships among employees, increasing moral, and improving the growth of ones company or workforce. Here are some common skills taught by the AJ Novick Group's on-site trainings:
1. Skills in effective communication and listening
2. Empathy and social awareness training
3. Introduction of ways to handle volatile people and/or situations
4. Introduction of ways to diffuse hostile people
5. Anger management and conflict resolution training
6. Skills in improving impulse control and judgment
7. Stress management training
8. Expectation management
9. Use of EAP programs and adjudicative resources
10. Basic crisis skills training
11. Learning to identify hostile situations and people (warning signs)
12. Introduction to calming techniques, cool down's and time-outs
Our on-site anger management training and classes can be offered in a variety of formats and range from 4 hours to 2 full days of training. All participants will be assessed prior to participating as well as at the end of the training. This assessment will help identify areas to improve as well as strengths and weaknesses as group or team.
For those that would rather have their employees take a corporate online anger management class as either a preventative measure or as part of a disciplinary action, we also offer this option.
For more information on any of our on-site anger management training or programs please contact:
Ari Novick, Ph.D., LMFT
AJ Novick Group- Anger Management