All of our anger management programs cover the following skills:
- Dealing with stress. This tool teaches skills in effective stress management strategies to
- Empathy Development. Teaches skills in emotional intelligence and empathy. Empathy is the ability to feel what another person feels. Empathy skills reduce anger responses.
- Respond instead of React. Teaches ways to deal with situations using better judgment and impulse control. Not reacting to situations can often be a valuable tool in dealing with difficult situations or people.
- Change Self-Talk. Changing self-talk can help us become more positive as well as develop more positive outcomes in our lives. Proven techniques and methods explored
- Assertive Communication — An exploration of harmful communication styles and a detailed discussion of the effectiveness of being assertive. Training in expressing feelings and needs.
- Adjust Those Expectations. Managing expectations can help reduce frustration. Clients are exposed to 5 skills for managing expectations more effectively
- Forgive, but don't forget. This chapter explores effective ways for forgiving others while not giving up your rights as a person.
- Retreat and Think Things Over. This chapter explores the "freeze frame" technique as well as the concept of "staying in the box" to calm down.
Click the following links for a local in person anger management class or our online anger management classes
Ari Novick, Ph.D.
AJ Novick Group - Anger Management
Post a Comment